Monday, October 29, 2007

Just noticing...

A pretty crappy weekend sportswise, for reasons I doubt I need to mention. But here's a bit of silver lining: My UCONN Football Huskies spanked the formerly 2nd-ranked South Florida on Saturday, putting them in serious contention for the Big East title. Already the fastest team to win a bowl game after turning Div. 1-A, they're now the second-fastest to be nationally ranked. 16th in the latest AP poll, to be exact.

And then there's the BCS standings: 13th. That school you may have spotted some six spots lower? USC.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

heh, you got to see me this weekend, but all you can talk about is sports. typical male.

Unknown said...

John,

I must say I am glad to see the Huskies doing well; however, let us not forget how weak the Big East, and for that matter the entire country, is this year. Too much parity in college football when an untalented program coached by an idiot and neighbor of mine can reach the top 5. Yes, I'm talking about the ineffectual Ducks of Oregon. Though, I'm glad to see you're keeping up with sports despite the no doubt heavy constraints of your journalism career.

All the Best.

Anonymous said...

i prefer the metroids.

Anonymous said...

yeah, the metroids are my favorite squadron, too.

Anonymous said...

oops. yeah, thanks -- that's what i meant :-)

also, i'm pro the economy.