Monday, April 21, 2008

Popemobile!


I'll tell the story later, but I just so happened to score four utterly amazing last-minute tickets to the pope's big mass at Yankee Stadium yesterday. Right on the first base line. And yes, that shot's with no zoom. I'll post some more pictures later, too, but for now, my colleague Robert George (a much more disciplined blogger than I) has his up. We were sitting in the same section.
.
I also want to say that I was never prouder to be associated with the New York Post than I was this morning, reading the headlines and captions on the special pope-visit pull-out section. A sampling:
.
--BEN'S SERMON ON THE MOUND
--Communion crews bring host to most
--PAPA'S MITER FINE ATTIRE (with picture caption: "Infallible taste")
--"It's the pope-arazzi!" (caption for a line of priests in full vestments snapping pictures of Benedict)
And, of course, Sunday's wood: COME TO PAPA

2 comments:

Paul Snatchko said...

You had good seats!

Anonymous said...

nice. i loved the title of the post, and was amazing how close you got.